ADP Medical Lab Technology
This field is mainly concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases by means of clinical laboratory tests. If you’re interested in the ‘science and technology’ of health care, it may suit you to consider a career as a medical laboratory technologist.
This program will offer you the chance to engage in an immersive and exciting diagnostic environment, performing tests on all types of human specimens. As a Medical Lab Technologist, you need to be meticulous, detail-oriented and committed to maintaining high standards. As a part of the course, the students learn to perform the tests that help in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
The core focus will be on:
- ✦ Preparing a team of health technologists who effectively assist their senior health professionals in the delivery of quality health services.
- ✦ Enabling students by providing them with the latest skills and technical knowledge of international standard
- ✦ Ensuring development of professionals with relevant knowledge and abilities needed for recognition by professional agencies
- ✦ Improving the working capacity of the students as well as increasing awareness of their responsibilities, authority and job description
- ✦ Assisting physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- ✦ Performing tests on tissue, blood and other body fluids
- ✦ Working both independently and as part of a team to perform complex procedures
- ✦ Commitment to maintaining highest standards of work ethics
- ✦ Ensuring the quality of the test results, and explaining the significance of laboratory tests
- ✦ Evaluating new methods and studying the effectiveness of laboratory tests
You may work for the following places:
- ✦ Government health facilities, hospitals, and clinics
- ✦ Teaching hospitals
- ✦ Private and public labs
- ✦ Research labs
- ✦ Veterinary clinics