ADP Physiotherapy Assistant
This discipline is an essential segment of contemporary healthcare. Physical Therapy Assistants help licensed Physical Therapists to help people who are suffering from medical problems that hinder their ability to move or function properly in their daily lives.
The Core focus will be on:
- ✦ instruction in therapeutic exercise and functional training
- ✦ utilization of specialized equipment and physical agents
- ✦ communication with the PT regarding the response of individuals to interventions
- ✦ documentation of treatment sessions
- ✦ interaction with other health care providers, patients, and their families
- ✦ Development of interpersonal, ethical and legal behavior.
- ✦ Role of Physical Therapy Assistant in patient care delivery.
- ✦ Performance of competent data collection
- ✦ Documentation of patient treatment sessions in a timely fashion.
PTAs work in a number of settings, dealing with patients of a diverse age group, having various medical problems:
- ✦ Outpatient clinics or offices
- ✦ Hospitals
- ✦ Inpatient rehabilitation facilities
- ✦ Skilled nursing, extended care, or subacute facilities
- ✦ Homes
- ✦ Education or research centers
- ✦ Schools
- ✦ Hospices
- ✦ Industrial, workplace, or other occupational environments
- ✦ Fitness centers and sports training facilities